Part 1: Research Security Policy Frameworks (0/2 completed)
Note: In this part of the lab, you will review internet resources on security policy frameworks in order to form a basis for their purpose and usage. Understanding the reason behind a security policy framework is key to understanding the component policies and procedures. Please take the time to review the research thoroughly and think through the concepts behind the framework itself.
1. In your browser, navigate to https://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/policyissues/information-security-policy-development-guide-large-small-companies-1331.
2. Read Sections 1-5 of the SANS Policy Development Guide.
3. Summarize the Policy Development Guide’s recommendations for organizing a policy hierarchy and selecting policy topics.
Note: It is important to understand how and why a policy differs from a standard, a procedure, and a guideline. From the top down, the policy should not change or need modification unless a major shift in corporate values or business process occurs. On the contrary, guidelines should be reviewed, and possibly changed, often.
Similarly, even though a policy should be written clearly and concisely, it is a high-level document answering the “why” questions. Standards are also high level, but they answer the “what” questions. Finally, the procedures and guidelines provide the “how.”
Examples of security policy and guideline templates are available from the SANS Institute at https://www.sans.org/information-security-policy/.
In the next steps, you will learn about COBIT 2019, a popular industry-standard policy framework.
4. In your browser, navigate to https://www.cio.com/article/3243684/what-is-cobit-a-framework-for-alignment-and-governance.html.
5. Describe the core principles and objectives of COBIT 2019.
Part 2: Define a Security Policy Framework (0/2 completed)
Note: Understanding both unique and universal risks to your organization’s IT infrastructure is essential to developing an appropriate IT security policy framework for your organization. In this part of the lab, you will review a list of risk, threats, and vulnerabilities and define appropriate policies to mitigate them. Next, you will organize your policies into a policy framework.
1. Review the following list of risks, threats, and vulnerabilities at the fictional Healthwise Health Care Company.
2. For each risk, threat, or vulnerability in the list above, select an appropriate security policy that might help mitigate it. You can select one of the SANS policies or choose one from the following list.
3. Organize the security policies you selected so that they can be used as part of an overall framework for a layered security strategy.
Challenge Exercise (0/2 completed)Note: The following challenge exercise is provided to allow independent, unguided work – similar to what you will encounter in a real situation.
A user at Digital Innovation Products has been using company network resources to download torrent files onto a USB drive and transfer those files to their home computer. IT tracked down the torrent traffic during a recent network audit. Unfortunately, the company does not have a current policy that restricts this type of activity.
Identify at least two appropriate policies that should be in place to define this type of behavior and the consequences thereof.
Write a brief overview for C-level executives explaining which policies should be added to the company’s overall security policy framework, why they should be added, and how those policies could protect the company.
Choose an academic level, add pages, and the paper type you want.
To reduce the cost of our essay writing services, select the lengthier deadline.
We can't believe we just said that to you.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
You are at the right place for all your assignments help. Contact our live agent directly via WhatsApp on +1 (681) 443-5894